Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pillar Of Strength


I wish we'd said goodbye, Mum, and not just goodnight. We'd had some laughs, we were tired and I thought you'd be alright. I miss you already, you've been my Pillar Of Strength. You were more than my mother, you were also my friend.
I was always so far, but you made me feel near. I'd call at midnight when you said it would be quiet, we would talk for hours until we set the world right.
I feel so alone now without you by my side. I feel so lost now, but know I must let go and celebrate with joy, for you're finally with Dad and I mustn't feel annoyed. For eight years have passed and you're together at last.
I caught you looking up through the window so late at night, you said Dad had promised he'd always be the brightest star shining down on you so bright.
Who will I call now, with whom shall I share? I feel so alone now that you're gone. But I imagine you're happy and probably in constant song.
It's my turn now to look up through the window at night, and find the two stars that shine down so bright. I'll know then that you're still with me and I can say goodnight.
I'll carry you forever in my heart and my mind. You'll never be too far, I'll keep you near. For you've been more than my mother, you've been my friend, and in my heart you'll be there always as my Pillar Of Strength.
Diolch am popeth, Mum.

written on Jauary 18, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment